Thursday, October 06, 2005

Gone a Week

When Hurricane Rita blew through here, the electricity went out and did not come back on for 6 days.  The first night we were okay because of the cooler weather, but once the storm passed us, the air turned hot.  So much that Ava had trouble sleeping, so she and Lindsey went to College Station for the week while I stayed to work in the relief efforts.  The house had been messy because of painting projects and, with the storm, we had not cleaned up completely.  With the electricity out, I spent most of my time away from the house.  When I was at home, I only worked on Ava's room, putting away clothes and straightening toys.  By the next Saturday, I finally made it to College Station, but she was napping when I got there.  Of course, I immediately went to get her when she woke up and she gave me a little smile to see me come into the room.  Picking her up, I learned she had grown quite a bit because she was definitely heavier.  Since coming home, she had been very much more active in moving herself around and trying to grab anything she can see.  I bet she will be crawling within the next week or so.

No comments: