Monday, October 10, 2005

Fun Weekend, One Incident

Ava and I had such a great time together this weekend.  Lindsey worked very hard for the Young Women's garage sale (and got up several times with her the night before) so I had her with me.  Because of getting up several times during the night, she didn't wake up until 10:00 Saturday morning.  She was hungry but in a good mood.  I got her dressed then took her to the garage sale to help move heavy items for customers.

A cold front came through the previous day, so it was pretty cold during the day.  Every once in a while Ava sat in the back seat of the car to get out of the wind and to warm up a bit.  I took out the base of her car seat and put in down on the floor board to give us more room.  While there, she fell backwards and hit her head on the base pretty hard, twice.  She had two knots on the back of her head that were very tender for a while.  I have a hard time describing how I felt and, although everyone gets bumps and bruises throughout life, I worried about her.  By Sunday, though, the two swelled spots went down and she did great during church and throughout the day.

No comments: